Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Piper's Knitted Sweater

By Vicky Nardone

As you may have ready in previous posts, we recently adopted a dog from the Buffalo Animal Shelter and named her Piper.  She's been recovering from spay surgery and a cold so we've been putting her in sweaters to make sure she stays warm enough.  She's also super think because she was neglected by her previous owners and left outside a lot.

I was excited to be able to make something for a dog who doesn't mind wearing sweaters.  Our other dog Maggie acts like you're the worst person in the world if you attempt to put clothing on her.  Piper (who is named after Matt's favorite character on Charmed, played by Holly Marie Combs) had been wearing this other sweater (see here) but I loved having an excuse to make a new sweater for her.  In the post that I just referenced, I was trying to decide between two sweaters, but I really liked the one from Mia and Maddie Designs.  I modified it a little to make it work for Piper and I think I actually could have made it a little longer, but I'm really happy with how it turned out.

I'm calling it her cotton candy sweater because the colors remind me of cotton candy colors.





2 comments:

  1. Awe that is the cutest little sweater on the cutest little dog! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jocelyn! So excited that she'll actually wear it without complaining. My other dog would sit there looking miserable until I took it off of her!

      Delete