Sunday, July 28, 2013

Nectarine and Mango Infused Water

By Vicky Nardone


So I know water is one of the healthiest things you can drink but I've just never been a huge fan of just plain water.  That doesn't mean that I don't drink it plain but I say if you can dress it up a little than why not?

I first got the idea from this post on Christina's Adventures.  She had eight different flavors of infused water for her readers to try making!  I always like a little lemon in my water when I water out at a restaurant but I had never really considered putting any other type of fruit in my water.  I was just going to start simple and get some lemons and limes to cut up and stick in a pitcher of water but when I got to the store they had nectarines and mangoes for a pretty reasonable price and I thought that sounded like a pretty great combination!

This is so simple to do and it really adds a burst of flavor to your water.  I can taste the nectarine more than the mango but I also tried it right after I put the fruit in and the nectarines were a bit juicier so the flavor probably got absorbed quicker.

I'm definitely digging this trend.  I think I want to do something with pineapple next.

In other news my mom got home from her week long vacation in Delaware last night.  We went out to dinner at our favorite bbq place, Famous Daves as soon as she got home before she even went back to her house.  My mom and I are really close so I definitely missed her while she was gone.

Matt is working on filming a car crash for his latest movie today.  He's really excited about it and I'm really nervous about it.  It's pretty much his fault that I'm nervous though - he told me about some accident during a car crash on Batman where a cameraman would have gotten run over if he hadn't jumped out of the way.  So keep your fingers crossed that everything goes well!

Linked up to:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment