Monday, May 26, 2014

All About Family - Memory Mondays #5

By Vicky Nardone


Happy Memorial Day everyone!  I hope it's nice weather where you are and that you're getting to spend some time barbequing or maybe having a picnic.  Memorial day to me is all about spending time with your family.  That's why I decided to share my family layout that I recently completed for today's Memory Monday.

It took me a long time to decide how I wanted to lay this page out.  I had 3 really long pictures and then two regular 4x6s.  We had a lot of different family groups attend our wedding - we were super lucky since almost everyone had to travel.

The day before I made this page, I attended this year's scrapbooking convention at the Buffalo Convention Center.  I went last year and got a ton of stuff including the gold sunflowers and rhinestones I used on this page.  I felt like this year's convention didn't have as many vendors as last year, but I got my new favorite tool - a corner rounder.  You will probably see a lot of rounded corners from me until I get bored of the look.  I've wanted one for a long time, but I haven't seen them in the stores.

The other thing that I was excited about on this page was the ribbon threader tool that I got from my parents in law for Christmas.  I messed it up a little - the holes are supposed to be evenly spaced, but I just went with it and did a cool uneven pattern instead.  I'll definitely be using this tool quite a bit as well.

Matt and I are going to our local park for a picnic lunch before he has to work at 2 and then I'm having a bbq with my mom for dinner.  What is everyone else doing for Memorial Day?

Linked up to:
Marvelous Mondays
Crafty Creations
Lou Lou Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment