Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Paris Purse: Whatever Wednesdays #5

By Vicky Nardone

]

I might be slightly obsessed with purses lately since the last two Whatever Wednesday posts have been about purses.  But this one is just soo cute.  I think it's my favorite one I've ever made.


I decided last weekend that I wanted to make a purse last weekend after I failed horribly at the dress I was making.  I'm just not getting the hang of measuring myself to fit the pattern.  When I took my measurements it seemed like I needed to make myself a 14 but when I got far enough along that I could try it on, I probably really needed an 8.  That's what I wear normally so I should have just gone with that.  I'll know for next time I guess.  PurMses are nice because they're one size fits all!  I went to Hobby Lobby and found this gorgeous Lisette pattern and this wonderful Eiffel tower fabric.

Matt and I went to Glen Falls Park for Memorial Day and I thought that would be the perfect place to take some cute shots with my new purse.  We had a gorgeous day for our picnic and I was happy to get to spend some time with him because he's been working a lot of overnights lately.

This pattern has 5 different views and I think I will definitely be making more of these in the future!  I took it to a family birthday party over the weekend and my aunt said it looked good enough to be Vera Wang.  I don't know about that, but I'm happy with it and I didn't have to spend a fortune to make it.

Linked up to:
The Project Stash
City of Links
Sewing Saturday
Life of the Party

Thursday What's Cooking Love?

No comments:

Post a Comment