Monday, May 5, 2014

Photo Shapes - Memory Mondays #2

By Vicky Nardone

This is another one of the pages from my wedding scrapbook.  It's slowly but surely coming together.  Ever since I saw this picture, I knew the layout for this page had to be pink.  Oftentimes to get inspiration for my layouts, I use pinterest and I found this great layout and I knew I wanted to create my own version of it.

One of the techniques I like to use sometimes to keep my pages interesting is to cut my photographs into different shapes.  This page has a circular theme. Our wedding photographer, Tim Greer of Camera Famosa took some great shots of my accessories for the day so I used a couple of those to go with the main photo.
Another one of the fun elements of the page is the bride title.  I found all these sparkly wedding words at JoAnns in the clearance bin.  I then stuck it on a couple layers of different colored paper one at a time and cut around it to make the title.

I don't know if the washi tape craze has died down but I love it as a way to add color and accents to your page.  On this page I used a combination of blue washi tape with this great green lace tape that my dads got me for Christmas.

Hope you liked this week's Memory Monday page and remember to consider cutting your photos into fun shapes to add some interest to your page.

Linked up to:

The Memory Nest

No comments:

Post a Comment