Saturday, May 3, 2014

Strawberry Limeade Smoothie - Smoothie Saturday #1

By Vicky Nardone


Hi all and welcome to the very first edition of Smoothie Saturday!  Matt and I have been obsessed with smoothies lately.  It all started when I found a giant bag of frozen fruit and our amazing local grocery store Wegmans for only $9.  It was big enough to make like 20 smoothies!  I've been using the fruit and some sites I found on pinterest to put together some interesting combinations.  I'll be sharing them with you throughout the summer.

We're kicking off with the above strawberry limeade smoothie.  This one was refreshing and not overly sweet.  Good for sipping outside on a hot day.


Ingredients
1 cup of frozen strawberries
2 scoops of lime sherbert
1.25 cups water
1 cup ice
1 tablespoon of sugar (optional - I wanted mine a bit sweeter)

Put it all in your blender and blend!  The proportions above make one smoothie (I had a little bit leftover after filling the glass in the picture above).


Linked up to:

This Gal Cooks
Inside Bru Crew Life: Time To Sparkle
Feathered Nest Friday 
Marvelous Mondays

No comments:

Post a Comment