Saturday, June 7, 2014

Creamy Fruit Pops - Smoothie Saturdays #6

By Vicky Nardone

I work in a fairly large building downtown and every so often, the building brings vendors in during the lunch hour for people to shop at.  I think my favorite one so far was a discount book seller that they had in right around Easter time.  They had all these really great cookbooks for under $15!  I got at least five or six.  One of the books that I got was a popsicle recipe book and I'm so glad it's getting warm again so that I can eat these without freezing to death. 

I was looking through the book for inspiration and I found a recipe that is similar to this one except that it only called for pineapple and mangoes for fruit.  I was just reaching the end of my pineapple/peach/mango/strawberry frozen fruit bag so I used all four fruits instead of just mango and pineapple.

Don't you just love the fun monster popsicle holders?  My friend Lindsay got them for us as part of our wedding gift a couple years ago.  She always picks out such fun presents.  She got us a popsicle book to go with them too.  The mixture for these popsicles is almost like a creamy fruit mousse before you freeze them.  I thought it was delicious but Matt took one bite and declared that he didn't like it.  He's so used to my normal Strawberry Peach Pineapple Mango Smoothies that he gets upset when I make something new.

Recipe - makes about 4 pops
  •  1/2 cup milk
  • 3/4 cups frozen fruit (pineapple/strawberry/peach/mango mix)
  • 1/8 Cup coconut milk
  • 1/2 tablespoon of honey
Put all the ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.  The mixture will be think and creamy.  Pour into popsicle molds and freeze overnight.

Also, in case anyone is interested in the book I adapted this recipe from, here is a link to it on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment