Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Crochet Shawl - Whatever Wednesday #7

By Vicky Nardone

Oftentimes I find myself starting a knitting or crochet project and then getting bored halfway through and moving on to something else.  This shawl was a definite exception though.  The pattern was constantly new and changing the whole way through and it made me excited to keep going.  Also, it's hard to tell from the picture, but the yarn had shimmer sequins throughout and I just loved working with it so much that I was excited to have a finished product to wear made from it.


This pattern is actually free and it's called Goddess Shawl.  You can find it on Fave crafts here.  I love it so much that I am actually making another one in green to go with the dress pictured above.  The dress is actually brand new - I haven't worn it yet.  I just bought it because my dad is getting married in Chicago in July and I needed a new dress to wear for his wedding.  It took me forever to find a dress that I liked!


Here's a shot of the back of the shawl.  Best part about making this shawl again with the green yarn?  It was on Clearance at Michaels yesterday for only $1.99 a skein.  It only takes me 2 skeins of yarn to make this shawl, so I've got a brand new accessory for only $4!  In case anybody is interested in checking out the yarn, it's called Patons Lace.  Normally it's $5.99 a skein so $1.99 is quite a bargain.

Linked up to:
Wow Me Wednesday
Life of the Party

No comments:

Post a Comment