Saturday, June 28, 2014

Moscato Sangria - Smoothie Saturday #9

By Vicky Nardone

So you may have noticed that Smoothie Saturday isn't always about smoothies.  I have been sharing some of my other favorite drinks on here too.  But Smoothie Saturday has a nice ring to it so I think I'm going to keep it.  This week I'm sharing my Sangria Recipe.  When I drink alcohol during the summer, Sangria is always one of the top choices on my list.

I had some friends over for dinner last Sunday and I thought it would be fun to make a pitcher of Sangria since we were having a Mexican Dinner.  My friend Katie loves Sangria so I figured she'd help me drink a good portion of it but she announced at dinner that she and her husband Alex are expecting a baby, so no such luck there!  Therefore, to make up for her lack of drinking, Alex and I had to force ourselves to drink three Sangrias each.  It was a real sacrafice let me tell you.

I'll tell you a secret - there's more than just wine in this sangria.  There is also banana liqueur and peach schnapps.  These two alcohols make it super smooth.  And by the time you notice you're drinking, you've already had 3.

I also learned a fun little trick on a blog recently - if you freeze your fruit and add it to the sangria frozen, it will keep the sangria cold and frozen fruit is cheaper to buy than fresh fruit.  I keep a bag of mixed frozen fruit on hand for my smoothies and it was already all cut up and really easy to drop into my Sangria.

Hope you enjoy - I know we did!  The entire pitcher was gone by Monday.


Ingredients
  • 1 bottle of Moscato White Sangria
  • 1 cup of Peach Schnapps
  • 1/2 cup of Banana Liquer
  • 2 cups of frozen fruit (my mix included strawberries, peaches, mango and pineapple)
Recipe
Add all ingredients to a pitcher and stir.  Keep in the fridge until ready to use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment